Apr 062017

My Entire High School Sinking into the Sea, the debut feature film by cartoonist Dash Shaw premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival before screening at the New York and Berlin International Film Festivals. Before the film opens in Los Angeles at the Landmark NuArt on April 14th Dash Shaw will present some previous animated work as well as preview of High School. After the screening Dash will speak about the process of turning cartoons into animated works. Opportunity to engage in Q&A and signing to follow.

GKIDS proudly presents a new animated comedy from acclaimed cartoonist Dash Shaw (New School), featuring the voices of Jason Schwartzman, Lena Dunham, Reggie Watts, Maya Rudolph and Susan Sarandon.

Dash (Jason Schwartzman) and his best friend Assaf (Reggie Watts) are preparing for another year at Tides High School muckraking on behalf of their widely-distributed but little-read school newspaper, edited by their friend Verti (Maya Rudolph). But just when a blossoming relationship between Assaf and Verti threatens to destroy the boys’ friendship, Dash learns of the administration’s cover-up that puts all the students in danger. As disaster erupts and the friends race to escape through the roof of the school, they are joined by a popular know-it- all (Lena Dunham) and a lunch lady (Susan Sarandon) who is much more than meets the eye, in this wild send-up of disaster cinema, high school comedy and blockbuster satire.

Meltdown Comics
Sunday, April 9th 7PM
7522 Sunset Bl. LA CALIF 90046

Comment