Join us for the next Melt-thology Comix Jam at Meltdown Comics & Collectibles as we celebrate our ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY on TUESDAY, SEPT 15TH, 2015! We’ll be drawing Issue #13. Come Draw, Come Party, Come for Cake!
How it works:
• Show up at the Melt at 7:00 and draw a page of whatever you want.* At the end of the night we’ll collect all the art (and $3 for printing costs). When you come to the next month’s comix jam you’ll get a complete zine with everyone’s contributions inside!
• Got a great idea for the cover? Whoever calls it first gets it. (DM me on Instagram at @melt_thology or shoot me a message on FB.)
• There is NO set theme and ALL skill levels are welcome!
• All of your original art will be returned to you along with your copy of the zine at next month’s meeting.
• Everyone who turns in art and $3 will have a copy waiting for them the next time they can make it out.
• If you want extra copies of Melt-thology, you can toss in another $3 per zine and we’ll print ’em up for you.
Tips for a successful comix jam:
• We draw from 7:00pm till close (9:30-10:00pm), so if that’s not going to be enough time to finish your page, you can start your pencils/sketches/thumbnails/whatever at home, then finish the page at the store. But if you walk in with a finished piece, hand in two bucks, then walk out, it kind of defeats the purpose of a social artist jam.
• Art is scanned in with a basic 8.5×11 scanner, and is only adjusted for contrast. Erase your pencil lines if you don’t want them to show up. Alternately, pages drawn with very light pencil won’t scan as well as darker pencil/ink.
• Art will be printed at 4.25 x 5.5, so consider keeping your layout to roughly that proportion if you don’t want a lot of white space at the top and bottom of your art.
*Want to do a one-page self-contained strip? Awesome! One page of a longer, serialized story? Fantastic! A stand-alone illustration? Excelsior!
Follow us on Instagram: @melt_thology