HOME/OFFICE/ANYWHERE DELIVERY NOW AVAILABLE
Kapow! Join us for our pre-Comic Con panel on Digital Comics! Our expert speakers from Marvel, comiXology, BOOM! Studios, IGN and more will discuss digital comics, including apps and distribution, social media, and marketing, at Meltdown Comics megastore in Hollywood. With complimentary refreshments thanks to FILTER.
Our expert speakers will discuss
– What’s successful in comics digital distribution: online, mobile, motion comics, apps, etc.
– Is the iPad a game changer in how we can download and read comics
– How do u reach online core fans to promote comic-related properties in movies (Wolverine, Iron Man, Dark Knight), television, and video games
– How to artists and publishers use social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) to create buzz around projects and reach fans. What to tweet about?
– Video games to comics
Scheduled speakers include:
– Ira Rubenstein, Marvel, Executive Vice President, Global Digital Media Group (NY) @Marvel
– David Steinberger, CEO of comiXology, which built Marvel and DC comics apps, and its own app of upcoming releases @comixology
– Sam Humphries, comic book writer (Fraggle Rock, CBGB), architect of MySpace Comic Books
– Chip Mosher, BOOM Studios, Marketing Director
– Rich George, IGN Comics Editor @IGN
– Jason Badowar, comic book illustrator (Heroes, True Blood etc.) and co-founder of WEvolt.com, an online platform which digitally distributes and monetizes comic book content via deals with Universal Music, Arcana, and more.
– Moderator: Kevin Winston, Digital LA, founder, former MySpace Integrated Marketing of Movies, Comic Book Channel, Games
We’re looking for speakers, comics app creators, established comic artists using social media, etc. If u r or know a potential speaker contact firstname.lastname@example.org with COMIC as the subject.
– 7-8p Check-in and networking with light apps, thanks to FILTER
– 8-9:30p. We’ll talk apps and more on our panel + Q&A.;
– 9:30-10p. Even more networking
Note: Note: $5 of your registration fee will be donated to the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, founded in 1986 as a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation of First Amendment rights for members of the comics community.
We”ll be hosted by Meltdown Comics, LA’s must-see pop culture destination. Meltdown’s large 9000 sq ft store on Sunset will be hosting comic events thruout July leading up to Comic-Con. Check out the schedule at http://meltcomics.com and follow at http://twitter.com/meltdowncomics
We’re drowning in digital ink as the crew discusses the news of the day surrounding the announcement of the iPad from Apple, and break down what it could possibly mean for the future of digital comics. We also hit some books we’ve been digging, including AFRODISIAC, AMELIA EARHART: THE BROAD OCEAN, KICK-ASS #8, IRREDEEMABLE #10, X-MEN LEGACY #232, BATMAN & ROBIN #7, THE WALKING DEAD #69, and Kieron Gillen’s last issue of THOR before SIEGE invades. Polished off with a quick chat on licensed books, and one has all the ingredients for a tasty treat. Mmm mmm good.