|Welcome back to our digital audio mind scapes! This week Ryan and Jake invite the MeltCast Godfather, Caleb Monroe, into the studio to discuss his latest project and his picks of the week! Be sure to pick his latest book, Steed and Mrs. Peel #1 and then be sure to subscribe to said book and read it each month. This week, Caleb talks about his love of Amethyst (the Comic character, not the precious stone) and his Guilty Pleasure Pick of the Week. Ryan talks incessantly about Doop and Jake talks incessantly about Robin as usual. Everyone is very pleased with Happy! #1
Caleb’s Pick: DC Showcase Presents: Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld v.1
Ryan’s Pick: Wolverine and the X-Men #17
Jake’s Pick: Talon #0 Subscribe, Listen and READ MORE COMICS!!
Follow Caleb on on twitter @CalebMonroe
Check out His Website! www.calebmonroe.com
Check out Boom Studios! @CalebMonroe
Follow us on Twitter: Boom! Studios/a>
Theme Song: Combat Mosh by Lich King lichkingmetal.bandcamp.com
Story: Liz Ohanesian
Photos: Shannon Cottrell
The first thing you’ll see when you walk into the lobby of Stoopid Buddy Stoodios are the chickens. There are two fowl figures at the front desk, one large, one small, both with mechanical appendages. Just as Disney is forever associated with the Mouse, so will Stoopid Buddy have an eternal connection to the chicken, that is, the Robot Chicken.
Housed in two large buildings on the same Burbank block, Stoopid Buddy is an animation studio founded by Seth Green and Matt Senreich, creators of Robot Chicken and the production company Stoopid Monkey, along with John Harvatine IV and Eric Towner of the animation team, Buddy Systems. They opened last February, but are already making a lot of cartoons here, including some of the “Spy vs. Spy” bits for Cartoon Network’s animated MAD series, and the College Humor show Dinosaur Office.
Robot Chicken is the cornerstone of this company, occupying a good 16 or 17 of the 25 animation stages available in the building. Season six of the hit series, which premieres Sunday, is actually the first season of Robot Chicken to be made by Stoopid Buddy. However, many of the 9-to-5 inhabitants of this animation compound are familiar faces. It is, after all, owned by the show’s creators and two of its former animators. Many of the 70 people on staff here have been with the show for several seasons. Stoopid Buddy is ready for business and it’s all because of a few guys who are really into toys.
The KEVIN EASTMAN ART STUDIO auction will run for 10 days beginning on Dec 25th – Christmas Day – at 9:00 PM (PST). It will wrap the evening of January 4th at 9:00 PM, which will be the final night of the 35 DAYS OF KEVIN EASTMAN event at Meltdown Comics in Hollywood. It will be a HUGE blowout, and we’ll follow the final hours of the auction live at the closing night party!!
A portion of the proceeds from this auction will go to benefit THE HERO INITIATIVE, a non-profit organization that raises money to assist comic book creators in need.
We don’t have a link to the auction page yet (it won’t be available until it goes live) but here’s a link to the eBay account that will be hosting the auction: http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/oranj – – feel free to publicize this link if you wish. It will be running Kevin Eastman related auctions throughout the special event.
Here are some of the highlights you’ll find contained within this treasure trove!
* Kevin’s Drawing Table and Chair (table is as it was when Kevin decided to do this auction). Includes Pens, Shotglasses, Empty Redbull Cans, etc.
* Original Illustrated Storyboards for HEAVY METAL 2000
* Highlander Animated Series: press pack, Early Cut of the Movie, Copies of entire Movie as Directed by Yoshiaki Kawajiri
* Over 600 DVDs – most of them partially watched while working on art in the studio. Includes DVD deck and monitor.
* Double-Sized Production Prototype of OZZY OSBOURNE “Bark At The Moon” Action Figure sculpted by Digger T. Mesch
* Photocopy of Simon Bisley’s Lobo/Authority Pencils & Layout for the entire story
* 2 Pgs of Original Art from TNMT Movie Adaptation – 1 Featuring Twin Towers – 1 Featuring Statue of Liberty – Framed with US Flag from Kevin’s Home
* Richard Corben Original Art (at least two pieces – there may be more!)
* Signed Elizabeth Hurly Photo from Austin Powers.
* Kevin’s personal San Diego Comic Con Badges going back about 10 years
* Various Movie Posters – Comic Prints – and More . . . used to “wallpaper” the studio!
* Toy Guns, Knives and a Hand-Grenade (non-functional) used as reference for comics
* Original art portrait of Kevin by Simon “BIZ” Bisley (there’s actually quite a bit of BIZ art in here!)
* Trigun, Lain, and other favorite Anime Animation Cells
* A Fishtank (formerly held Kevin’s gecko) filled with various odds and ends tossed in over a six year period – ???
* TMNT Comic 5-Color Press Proof Overlays (from back in the days before digital press proofs)
* Box of Original Photos of Playmates & Models (mostly nude) – Photography by Julie Strain
* Turtles Car Windshield Sunblock – Still in Original Shrinkwrap
* Turtles Cereal Box (cardboard mock up – never assembled)
* TONS of random Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles goodies . . . prototypes . . . and oddities
* Original Comic Art by Various Creators
* Statues & Action Figures – – Pin-Up, Fantasy, Superhero, Turtles (natch) and more!
* Various Billiken Models From Japan (Frankenstein, Dracula, Creature, Mummy and MORE)
* LOTS OF HEAVY METAL ART . . . BOOKS . . . UNUSED TREASURES!
* and so much more . . . some of these boxes have not even been opened. Who knows what lurks inside?!
NO MINIMUM – NO RESERVE – INCREDIBLE, BUT IT’S ALL HERE – YOU GET WHAT YOU GET!
Auction starts December 25th at 9:00 PM (PST). Search KEVIN EASTMAN ART STUDIO or go to http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/oranj