When your Chrome browser experiences an err_spdy_protocol_error, it will cause a terrible inconvenience to your browsing experience. As one of the fastest and most used browsers today, Chrome can get you to access every website you wish to visit. With every new feature, Chrome develops a better version of a browser every day. Nonetheless, the fast browser is not free from errors. Despite the continuous development of the browser itself, some of the errors tend to happen suddenly. This often leaves a lot of Chrome users annoyed.
Just like “Internet Explorer Cannot Display The Webpage”, Google Chrome can also experience such an error. Among many errors, Chrome has err_spdy_protocol_error which can result in the inability of the browser to display any pages of social media, like Tumblr, Twitter, or any net websites. Among the numbers of reported bugs, err_spdy_protocol_error, when you access Tumblr or any net sites, has consistently appeared over time. As such, the methods to fix the err_spdy_protocol_error whenever you wish to access any web pages have curated neatly in this article.
Whenever your Windows PC experiences this error, you will have difficulty in accessing a webpage. If you wish to visit a webpage, you will meet an error. Similarly to any browsers’ errors, you will get “This webpage is not available” message whenever you wish to access a webpage. Among many factors which contribute to this error, the problem with SPDY sockets seems to occur the most. If you wish to fix the err_spdy_protocol_error, you can take a look at the methods we have curated below.
Table of Contents
Methods to Fix Chrome err_spdy_protocol_error
Fixing Chrome err_spdy_protocol_error is quite different from fixing the “Internet Explorer Cannot Display The Webpage” error. Since the err_spdy_protocol_error is quite specific, you must know your way around the Chrome browser. Nevertheless, you will not have to worry for you can follow the methods we have curated below step by step.
Without further ado, take a look at the methods to fix err_spdy_protocol_error below. See if one of the methods below work for you.
Flushing SPDY Sockets
As one of the most effective methods in fixing the err_spdy_protocol_error on Chrome, flushing SPDY sockets can give you clean access to any pages you wish to open. In order to perform this method, you can follow the steps below.
- Proceed to open the Google Chrome browser and type the address “chrome://net-internals/#sockets” in the search bar.
- Afterward, you can click on the “Flush socket pools” to begin the flushing SPDY sockets operation.
- At last, you can restart the Chrome browser.
- See if the err_spdy_protocol_error is already gone or not.
Flushing DNS and Renewing IP Address
Similarly to the no internet issue, you can try to flush the Windows’ DNS and renew the IP address all at once. This method can work well to fix the err_spdy_protocol_error on your Chrome browser. In order to perform this method, you can follow the steps below.
- Proceed to right-click on the Windows icon.
- Afterward, you can choose the option “Command Prompt (Admin)“ from the list of options displayed on the screen.
- Then, you can type the commands below and press Enter after each one.
ipconfig /release ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /renew
- Once more, get in the Command Prompt window and type the commands below. Make sure to press Enter after typing each one.
ipconfig /flushdns nbtstat –r
- Wait until the commands finish operating.
- At last, you can close the Command Prompt window and reboot your Windows PC to save and apply the changes.
- Check if the err_spdy_protocol_error still occurs whenever you try to open a Tumblr or any net pages.
Deleting Google Chrome History and Cache
If your Chrome browser experiences any errors, you can always try to delete its history and cache. Aside from fixing err_spdy_protocol_error, you can also free some space in your Windows local drive. Besides, you can also eliminate the possible threats lingering in your Chrome browser.
In order to do so, you can follow the steps below.
- Proceed to open the Google Chrome browser.
- Afterward, you can press Ctrl and H buttons to head to the history tab.
- Then, you can click on the button “Clear browsing data” on the left panel.
- Select the mark next to the option “beginning of time” to delete every history and cache file.
- Make sure to also check the box next to the Browsing history, Download history, Cookies, and other site and plugin data, Cached images and files, Autofill form data, and Passwords to delete everything from your Chrome browser.
- Afterward, you can click on the button “Clear browsing data”.
- Wait until the deleting process finishes.
- At last, you can close your Chrome browser and restart your Windows PC.
- See if the err_spdy_protocol_error is gone from your Chrome browser.
Keeping the Chrome Browser Up to Date
In case you see any errors happen to any programs in your Windows system, you can check whether or not you have updated those programs. Just like any outdated programs, you can try to update the Chrome browser in order to fix the err_spdy_protocol_error.
- If you wish to update your Google Chrome browser, you can click on the Settings right on the upper right-hand corner of the Chrome browser.
- Afterward, you can choose “Help” and click on the option “About Google Chrome”.
- Check whether or not your Google Chrome browser is updated or not.
- In case your Chrome browser needs an update, then you can click on the “Update” button.
- See if the err_spdy_protocol_error has disappeared from your Chrome browser.
Running Google Chrome Cleanup Tool
If you wish to look for an automatic cleanup, then you can use the Chrome cleanup tool. Just like Windows automatic repair, Chrome Cleanup Tool can help you fix the err_spdy_protocol_error immediately. As a cleanup tool, the Chrome cleanup tool can help you scan and remove all the problems which may cause the browser to load slowly or the crashes whenever you open the web pages. As such, it will also help you clear the err_spdy_protocol_error issue whenever you want to access Tumblr or any net sites.