As an iPhone user, you must know how to activate iPhone without SIM card in case an emergency event occurs. If by any chance, you lose a SIM card for your iPhone, you can still activate your iPhone without having the SIM card inserted in your iPhone. Similarly to any mobile devices out there, iPhone activation requires a valid SIM card. If you purchase a new iPhone, you must get through an activation process in order to use it. In case you fail to do so, then your iPhone may not be able to operate.
Per regulations, mobile device users should always activate their devices along with active SIM cards. iPhone, in this case, takes it to a whole new level where a SIM card activation is vital to the entire phone activation in itself. If you cannot activate your iPhone, then you may not be able to operate it properly.
Despite how bothersome it may be in an emergency situation, you must at least have a SIM card for your iPhone. In case you choose not to use the SIM card and proceed with the activation without it, a few easy steps will be available to help you get through the activation process. Aside from the SIM card availability, you must check the version of your iPhone’s iOS. In addition to that, you can also check the iPhone settings for a SIM card. If the device sets it to a particular SIM card, then you may have to change the SIM card itself or the iPhone settings.
When it comes to activating an iPhone without a SIM card, you must make sure that your iPhone is not locked. In case your iPhone is locked, you need to find a way to unlock it to get through the activation steps. Lucky for you, this article will include several methods to activate your iPhone without a SIM card no matter the situations. Whether you have no internet connection around or you have a locked iPhone, these methods will get you through such problems.
Methods To Activate iPhone Without SIM Card
As an active user of the iPhone, you must have known your way around the device. With its own specific system, iOS, activating such a device without a SIM card may get a little unusual. Despite how complex it may sound, we can assure you that the process will not take a complicated route from the start to finish. In the end, you can use your iPhone without a SIM card in your iPhone.
To solve this minor issue, we have curated several methods to help you activate your iPhone. Similarly to fixing Windows blue screen error, you must follow the steps of each method properly to make it work. In order for these methods to work, you will need an active SIM card, no SIM card, an operating PC, and an updated iTunes. Other than that, you can also set up a stable internet connection. If you have everything you need, then we may start the iPhone activation without a SIM card operation.
Activating An iPhone Using iPhone Unlock
Try the most obvious way to unlock your iPhone with the Official iPhone Unlock. As the brand stands, Official iPhone Unlock can help you unlock your iPhone online. It works by unlocking an iCloud Activation Lock first. To do so, follow these steps below.
- Open the Official iPhoneUnlock from your browser and find the option “iCloud Unlock” first.
- Once the new page appears, you may enter your iPhone information.
- Afterward, input the model and IMEI number.
- It will take one to three days time for your iPhone to activate.
- When the three days time come to pass, check your iPhone and see if it works or not.
Activating An iPhone Using iTunes
Aside from listening to music, you can also use iTunes to activate your iPhone without a SIM card. To do so, you will need to unlock your iPhone first. In addition to that, you will need a computer with iTunes software. Forget internet connection here, for you will not need any in this process.
If you have everything ready, then follow these steps to activate your iPhone without a SIM card.
- Check the version of your iTunes on your iPhone and your PC. In case you do not have an iTunes yet, you can visit Apple’s official site and download it for free.
- Once you finish with the inspections, you can connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Soon after the iPhone connected to the PC, you will get an onscreen prompt stating “There is no SIM card installed in the iPhone you are attempting to activate”. If you receive this message, then it means that your iPhone is locked by a particular carrier.
- When such a scenario occurs, you have to look for a suitable SIM card to activate your iPhone. If you have the closest people around, then you may borrow a SIM card and continue with the operation.
- If you do not get such a notification, it means your iPhone is not locked. You may proceed with the next step to finish the activation process.
- Since your iPhone has no SIM card, then you can only use it using a Wi-Fi network.
- As soon as the activation finishes, you may return the SIM card back to its owner.
Activating An iPhone Using Someone Else’s SIM Card
While the iPhone activation process may not require a SIM card, having one will make it easier. In fact, activating your iPhone with a SIM card may have proven to be the trusted method among many other methods to activate an iPhone out there. In case you do not have an active SIM card in your possession, you may borrow one from your closest people around you and proceed with it.
To perform this activation method, you will require several tools first. A SIM removal tool and an active SIM card are essential for this activation process. Other than that, your device must be connected to the internet via a Wi-Fi network. At last, check your iPhone. In case your iPhone is locked, you must look for a specific SIM card the settings of the network states on your iPhone.
Once you have everything ready, follow these steps below to proceed.
- Get the SIM card out from the other person’s iPhone.
- Insert the SIM card into your iPhone.
- There will be an instruction on your iPhone screen. Follow them, steps by steps.
- Make sure your iPhone is connected to the internet from a Wi-Fi network.
- Wait for a while for your iPhone to activate.
When the activation process finishes, you can return the SIM card to its owner. You will be able to use your iPhone from then on, but you cannot make phone calls with it. In case you wish to make some calls, you may use Internet-based calling programs like Skype, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp or FaceTime. Do not worry about the SIM card you return to the owner, for it can operate normally without experiencing any troubles.
Activating An iPhone from A Computer
In case you have no SIM card to activate your iPhone, you can still get through with the activation process via PC. To do so, you will have to connect your iPhone to your computer. Once the device is connected, look for the iTunes program on your PC. Other than that, check whether your iPhone is unlocked or not to continue on with the process.
If you have everything ready, follow these steps below to proceed with the activation process.
- First of all, you must restart your iPhone and follow the instructions appearing on the screen.
- If your device is locked, you can visit Apple ID and follow the instructions to activate your phone.
- Instead of using mobile data, you can use a WiFi network to continue.
- Check whether or not the iTunes on both devices is both updated.
- Monitor the activation server during the activation process. If the light is green, then the activation process is happening.
- In case the activation server is not available, you must try to activate your iPhone at a later time.
When it comes to an iPhone activation, normally, you must have an active SIM card to go with it. If a certain emergency occurs and you do not have one SIM card to go with your new iPhone, you may use some methods we have provided above to activate your iPhone. How to activate your iPhone methods we have curated above have differences from one another. One can take a few days to proceed, while the others may not take too long of time until your iPhone is fully activated.
If you wish to activate your iPhone without a SIM card, then you must follow the steps of the methods above. To make them work, you must look for reliable tools to perform such methods. Take an operating PC and accessible wireless network as the essential tools for this activation process. Other than that, you must check your iPhone programs as well and update them. If you remember all these important things in mind, then you will have no difficulty to activate your iPhone.