If your Windows PC experiences “The Active Directory Domain Services is Unavailable” issue, then you must fix it right away. As one of Windows services, the “Active Directory Domain Services is Unavailable” issue can disturb your whole experience when doing works on your computer. When your Windows PC suffers “Active Directory Domain Services is Unavailable” issue, you will not be able to connect a new printer with your Windows computer. In order to fix this, you must know about Active Directory Domain Services first. Take a look at the brief explanation below to know more about the issue you deal with.
Table of Contents
- 1 Active Directory Domain Services
- 2 Fix “Active Directory Domain Services Unavailable” Issue
- 2.1 Use Windows Troubleshooter
- 2.2 Performs An Inspection on Network Installation
- 2.3 Restart Printer Spooler
- 2.4 Reinstall Drivers
- 2.5 Reboot The Router
- 2.6 Scan the Entire Windows System
- 2.7 Repair the Registry to Fix “The Active Directory Domain Services is Unavailable”
- 2.8 Update the Windows Operating System to Fix “The Active Directory Domain Services is Unavailable”
- 2.9 Fix “The Active Directory Domain Services is Unavailable” Error by Using Missing Protocols
Active Directory Domain Services
Microsoft built Active Directory Domain Services as the base for distributed networks built on Windows 2000 Server, Windows Server 2003 and Microsoft Windows Server 2008 operating systems. This service uses domain controllers to operate. Active Directory Domain Services allows Windows to operate secure, structured, hierarchical data storage for objects in a network such as users, computers, printers, and services. In addition to that, Active Directory Domain Services give space as a support for storing and managing these objects.
If you want to learn about Active Directory Domain Services, you will get a view on sample code for basic tasks on Windows. Try to look at the overview on the official Microsoft site to know more about searching for objects and reading properties, up to more advanced tasks such as service publication.
From the old Windows 2000 to the latest Windows operating systems, the servers will provide a user interface for users and administrators to manage the objects and data in Active Directory Domain Services. On the official Microsoft site, you can see the guide to extend and customize that user interface on Windows. In addition to that, you can also learn to extend Active Directory Domain Services by defining new object classes and attributes.
In order to fix the “Active Directory Domain Services Unavailable” issue, you can follow these methods below. Try each one of the methods and see which one works for you.
Use Windows Troubleshooter
In a time of trouble, you can always use Windows Troubleshooter to fix any issues you encounter. To do so, follow these steps below.
- Look for the Troubleshooter on the Windows search.
- On the control panel, look for the Devices option.
- Select the printer your computer connects to and access the Troubleshooter tool.
- Start the Troubleshooter to detect the problem related to the printer.
Performs An Inspection on Network Installation
Try to inspect the network installation on your Windows 7 or 10 PC to fix “The Active Directory Domain Services is Unavailable” error. Follow these steps below.
- Go ahead to Control Panel.
- Look for the Devices option and find the printers section.
- Choose “Add new Printer”.
- At last, choose the “Network Printer” and let it search for the Printer driver.
Restart Printer Spooler
If you find “Active Directory Domain Services Unavailable” error, you can try to restart the printer spooler. In order to do so, follow the steps below.
- Open the Run box by pressing Windows and R buttons at the same time.
- The Run box will appear and you can type in services.msc.
- Soon after, a list of options will appear. Choose “Print Spooler”.
- Proceed to right-click on it and select Properties among many other options.
- In case you find the Services Status running, you can put a stop to it.
- At last, choose Restart.
If you want a quick fix to the “Active Directory Domain Services Unavailable” error on Windows 7 or 10, you can try to reinstall the drivers related to the devices. Try to use the best driver updater and see if it works for you.
Reboot The Router
If restarting the spooler on Windows 7 or 10 cannot fix “Active Directory Domain Services Unavailable” error, then rebooting the router may fix the problem. To do so, follow these steps below.
- First, reboot the router. At the same time, disable the firewall or any antiviruses temporarily.
- Afterward, restart your Windows PC.
- Once the Windows PC turns back on, open the Control Panel.
- Look for the section for Printers.
- Afterward, select “Add a new printer”.
- At last, “Browse for Printer” and add a device.
Scan the Entire Windows System
If you find “Active Directory Domain Services Unavailable” error, you can always try to scan the Windows operating system. To prevent the virus from spreading and causing more harm, do a full system scan. To do so, you can use Windows Defender or third-party antivirus like Avast.
In case the “Active Directory Domain Services Unavailable” error keeps occurring, then you can try to repair the registry. Try to use CCleaner to fix the Windows registry. Check out the list of best registry cleaners we have on this site and see if one of these works.
Other than a registry cleaner, you can use Microsoft’s System File Checker to scan for system file corruption. This service can check the integrity of the system files and fix the corrupted ones. In order to scan for the corrupted files, follow these steps below.
- Access the Windows Command Prompt by searching it on the Windows search.
- Proceed to select Run as Administrator after pressing right-click on it.
- Afterward, type in the sfc /scannow command on the Command Prompt window.
- The scanning process will operate at once.
- Once the scanning process finishes and then restart your Windows computer.
- At last, the corrupted files will be gone as soon as the computer turns back on.
To avoid the “Active Directory Domain Services Unavailable” error, you must update the Windows operating system first. Since Microsoft regularly provides Windows updates, it is impossible to miss out the updates to improve the system’s stability. In doing so, you can also fix various Windows issues that come with it.
You can look for the Windows Update section and click on the Update button to perform the update. Any type of Windows operating system can work this method to fix this problem.
Other than “Active Directory Domain Services Unavailable” error, you may find “One or more network protocols are missing on this computer” error that comes with it. Even though this error may not seem harmless, you can always take precautions to avoid further error to happen.
To do so, follow these steps below.
- Head to the Windows Settings.
- Find the Network & Internet section.
- Locate the Ethernet or Wi-Fi and choose which connection you are currently using.
- Find the “Change adapter” options. Right-click on the option which deals with the error.
- Afterward, click on the Properties. Choose the option “Install…”. Then, select the option “Protocol”.
- Install each one of the protocols available.
- In case the printer still fails to connect, proceed to restart your Windows PC.
- Test the printer again and see if it works.